Today I made a quick modification to the fishing crate GoPro rig to allow for greater flexibility on mounting options.
Previously, I had a threaded male adapter on the end of the extension arm that attached to the frame mounted to the crate. Today, I decided to add an additional threaded male adapter to the opposite end and create two new camera mounts using threaded (female) caps. One uses a curved adhesive mount from GoPro to create a quick-release base for the camera, as I was previously using. The second cap has been drilled and tapped for 1/4″-20 and a 1/2″ long 1/4″-20 bolt inserted to use with the GoPro tripod mount or, most likely, the Pedco UltraMount Ball & Socket Head. This head should give me the flexibility I need to quickly adjust the GoPro for the angle needed.